Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Best Friend's Wedding!

Picture this: A beautiful ivory gown with beaded details, a long train with a veil that was just as long, a perfectly sunny day, and wedding bells ringing and you have my best friend Mary's wedding.

I know this doesn't have much to do with my move to Texas but this is definitely blog worthy! Mary and I have been friends for almost 26 years and were neighbors for 19 of those years. My mom babysat her when we were in Pre-K and Kindergarten. Our siblings grew up together also. We rode the bus together everyday until it wasn't "cool" anymore and then our parents rotated taking us. Then Mary got her license and she took me to school until I got my license a couple months later. We played field hockey together and were wrestling statisticians in high school. We went through all of our college years in 2 different states and still have remained friends! Although we live in 2 different states (Mary in Delaware and myself in NC currently) we still manage to see each other at least once a year for our annual ski trip in MD. The trip is always a small miracle that it works out because we are both so busy all year and randomly we will both end up with the same days off for a great mini vacation. She is such a wonderful person and calling her my best friend would be an understatement!


The wedding was wonderful and you couldn't have asked for a prettier bride. I couldn't even walk down aisle without crying (yep... I cried before she even came down) and seeing her with such a great guy just made the day even better! Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Wesley Neeman!

No comments:

Post a Comment