Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Packing thus far... talk about unorganized!

So the other day I went off to school and asked my boyfriend to take apart my dining room table and if he felt like he could take apart my end tables and coffee table also. I wanted my dining room table apart so that I could start using the dining room as my storage room for all of my boxes and excess (which I seem to have lots of excess) stuff. When I got home what a wonderful surprise! He not only took apart all of the tables but had moved all of my random boxes around the apartment into the dining room and stacked the chairs and taken everything off the walls. Now granted, it doesn't feel much like a home anymore but I finally felt like I was taking a step in the right direction towards packing! (PS... for those of you who don't know, my boyfriend is amazing and helps me out so much with everything!). Unfortunately, the great step I took towards packing came to a very quick halt with Mary's wedding and now I am working everyday till 8pm at the pool since the swim team has begun practicing. So I came home tonight and realized I feel like I have taken a step BACKWARDS! For those of you who know me I am a super organized person (some may call it very Type 'A') and my dining room looks like the most unorganized, stressful, disgusting room ever! Exhibit A below:

As for those of you who are wondering what is up with the space saver bags, well, my mom bought me more (I'm telling you... she must love when I call to tell her about sucking out the air and the excitement it brings me!). She bought me 4 more bags which I used the other night to pack all of my winter skirts, pants, sweaters, and cardigans. Here is the crazy thing! THEY ALL STAYED SUCKED THUS FAR~! My theory is that although they are all made by Space Saver mine are from Target and my mom's are from Wal Mart. They have different zippers along the edge to seal shut and I think the Wal Mart ones are better! My ones from Target... yes... I am still having issues with. I even took out 1 item from the 2 that wouldn't stay sucked and well... they still suck big time! I figure I've done all I can do - I'm keeping them the way they are and just packing a lot of stuff on top of them to keep them from expanding too much. And no.... I could not even get my clothes as flat as they show in the pictures (seriously.... what is it that I am doing wrong? I just want to be like the infomercial!). Experience my Space Saver bags below in Exhibit B:


Now they may be expanding but let me tell you what exactly is in those 'plastic bags of sucked out air'.
1. 3 pillows
2. 1 down comforter for a queen size bed
3. 2 quilts made by my mom (king size probably for 1 and the other is square shaped maybe twin size)
4. 1 fleece blanket
5. 2 duvet covers
6. 1 bed skirt
7. about 20 pairs of pants
8. 15-20 sweaters/cardigans
9. 6-8 skirts
10. 1 twin bed comforter
11. 2 sets of queen size sheets and 1 set of twin sheets

Yep people - ALL OF THAT sucked down so flat (or lumpy, whatever you want to call it) and saving so much space!

Last thing to say is that over the weekend Derrick (my boyfriend) went out of town for a bachelor party. I have been trying to find a Longhorns hat - orange and adjustable - for a little while now. Well much to my surprise he brought me one back from one of his sits in Texas over the weekend! Whoo hooo --- hat day is coming up at school and I am pumped to sport my new residence:)

So that's what I have thus far! I plan to get a ton more packing done this weekend and organized and don't forget.... I also have a whole classroom to pack up too! Good thing I actually enjoy packing (yep you heard me). I love to reorganize my things! Hopefully I will be able to upload a much more organized and packed up apartment soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment