Monday, June 14, 2010

My time, Your time, Who's time??

Happy Monday everyone! Yay I have the day off completely and got a TON done! Unfortunately I have not gotten much packing done yet... but I still have lots of time left in the day to do some more!

I keep on meaning to write this blog and now that I have the day off I am taking full advantage... this blog is for my mom and her trouble with time changes (mom is laughing right now I'm sure as she reads this). You are now getting an insight into my phone conversations that I have had with her when I'm in Texas and the many I have to look forward to.

Every time that I have been in Texas in the past year I always call my mom. Usually we would end up talking about what time I have to get up, what time the job fairs would be, or what time I have to catch my flight. It never failed that when time was brought up she would confuse herself very quickly because of the time zones. If I said that I had to be at the airport at 3:00 she would say, "Katie -- it's already 2:45!! You better hurry! Oh wait... 3:00 your time, so 4:00 my time." Now that's understandable the first couple of times that we would talk but really a year later... now it just makes me laugh! She really does have to speak saying "your time" or "my time" throughout our conversations to help understand the times.

So this is for all of you reading -- when I talk to you after I move to Texas the time change will be 1 hour (I will be behind you 1 hour... for those of you still not getting it - it will be 12:00 your time, 11:00 my time). I will ALWAYS speak in MY time (Texas time) and you will always speak in YOUR time (east coast time) and hopefully we will all adjust to this time change together! For those of you who talk to my mom, throw in the "your time" "my time" language to help with the confusion (love you mom).

No comments:

Post a Comment