Monday, June 21, 2010

Stressed out = understatement!

So the title of this post pretty much sums up my life right now - STRESSED! Isn't it the summer... aren't I supposed to be enjoying it!?! Once next Tuesday, the 29th, arrives I will feel much better because everything will be packed and uncluttered in this apartment and I can FINALLY clean the whole place! I had off this past weekend and had intentions of packing the whole time... but... I didn't. Derrick was in town on Saturday which is rare for him to have off on a weekend day so we met up with great friends from Savannah at a half way point, Columbia, SC, and went tubing down a river there. We then drove back and went out to Music at Blakeney, a live jazz/blues music where you can sit outside and bring your own alcohol and just relax. I LOVE GOING and now that I will be moving away from this area next week I'm not sure I will venture back out here at night anymore! On Sunday I had to do lifeguard re-certification which lasted till 12:30 and then I finally could start packing!! So... I began packing and well this is what I am STILL dealing with (pictures below)! Through all of this packing I feel like a slight hoarder (which I am fixing and "un-hoarding" everything as I sort through it). I was finding stuff that was just embarassing that I still owned! I decided to remove myself from my college life and got rid of most of my fraternity t-shirts that I love to wear but know it is time I move past that phase in my life! As you look below at these pictures please do not judge me - I am usually very organized and clean! Below is a picture of my 2nd bedroom which is where I put things that I am still confused on how/where to pack.

This is a view of my closet. It looks like a disaster because I had just sorted through all of my shoes and kept the ones I planned on wearing next year. Also, Derrick added his clothes he wanted to keep out to m closet so that is our stuff combined - pretty good! The clothes in it are what I am keeping out for the summer. The rest of my stuff is in those handy dandy space saver bags.
Another view of my dining room with a couple more boxes (did I pack anything on Sunday???)
So this is why I am still stressed - I still feel like I have A LOT TO PACK! Mostly because if you have ever packed before.... you always feel like you are so close and when you think you only have 1 more box left... it turns in to 15!! As I was driving home today I remembered .... I HAVE A STORAGE CLOSET OUTSIDE ALSO!! ahhhhh!!! How does one accumulate so much stuff??? Is this move over yet??? 8 more days till I have to be out! (and ps... 4 of those days I will be in OH, 3 of them I will be working, you do the math...).

No comments:

Post a Comment