Sunday, July 4, 2010

Catching you up on my packing situation

Since I'm a little behind on my blogging I will catch you up on my packing experience although it is officially done! It's amazing that when you're packing you think you are so close to being done (many times I'd think... ahh 1 more hour and I'll definitely be done!). Then you open up a cabinet and then another one and a another one and you realize .... 1 more hour??? More like 1 more month!! Well I didn't have one more month!! I had to be packed and ready to go on June 29! These pictures taken below are from June 20 - 9 days before I had to move. In between June 20 and June 29 I worked 40 hours and was in OH for 3 days for Shauna's wedding! Talk about STRESSFUL! Take a peek at what I was dealing with.

Below is my 2nd bedroom - DAMN YOU 2ND BEDROOM!! This took me sooo long (actually on the 29th I was still packing it!) to organize and pack. This is where I put anything that I could not figure out how to pack... and guess how most of it got packed.... IN TRASH BAGS! Yep... I just gave up and started throwing stuff in bags... whatever. Note to future movers... never have a room designated for "random" things - it is the dreaded room that you never want to enter which means it never gets packed!


This picture is of my closet. It looks terrible (and those that know me know my closet it organized by style of shirt/pants, then color organized also!) so this was a bit frustrating for me! Derrick and I both put the stuff we were keeping out for the summer in here and my shoes hadn't been packed yet. That is my excuse with this disaster.

Below was my favorite part of packing. It looks so organized and it always made me feel like I had accomplished something. The problem I ran into was that I kept reorganizing this rather than packing other boxes (oops) so in the end I think I became too obsessed with it looking organized rather than just packing and getting it done. Lesson learned!


So this is where I left off before I headed to OH. I came back on Monday afternoon and we got the truck on Tuesday morning -- you tell me -- wouldn't you be a littttttle bit stressed out??

No comments:

Post a Comment