Sunday, September 19, 2010

Damn that room full of boxes!!

Many of you might remember the photos I took while packing to move out of my apartment back in Charlotte. I had my token room full of "random" things that I just threw in there and could shut the door and never look at it again... until I had to throw something else in there. I swore that I would never have one of those rooms again! Everything will have a place I say!

Oops...

It's just so easy to throw everything into a room and shut the door. No one ever opens the "shut door" when they come over and it's obviously all things that we don't need right now. Well.... it was a rainy weekend and I swear that room was taunting me! So I opened it up and here it what I saw:

Now don't judge me. I am not a hoarder. That was the before picture. Miraculously it only took me about 20 minutes to get the whole thing organized. Unfortunately there are still some boxes I would love to unpack full of kitchen stuff or decorations but I haven't yet. The kitchen stuff will stay boxed up because this is kitchen is very small and I do not have enough storage for all of it (like my awesome Carnival Cruise cups that I swore I needed one of each while on the cruise; or my collection of Margaritaville Pilsner glasses that were kind of expensive so I rarely drink out of them). The decorations I am going to be putting out since I am so awesome and just ordered a cordless drill! I'm so handy:) (Yea right... Derrick will be using it I just ordered it).

A lot of the boxes we moved with I opted to keep knowing that we would be moving out again in the upcoming months. I moved all empty boxes and bins outside into our storage unit off of my patio. This opened up a lot of space. Here is my completed project:

My only request would be a closet in this room. It is not considered a bedroom, it is a study, which is why there is no closet but there are built in bookshelves - which is nice. If there was a closet I could put a lot of the stuff in there and then turn it into a bedroom with the futon. But... oh well:) We made do and have some extra seating in the living room!


That was my weekend on top of ... a 3 hour errands trip in which I got my new TX plates (whoo hooo), got puffy paint, smelly stickers, and a scrapbook for my class. All that in 3 hours... welcome to Austin traffic. Grrr! I also ran 4 miles (go me), cleaned the apartment, got lots of paperwork done, and relaxed. Oh yea andddd if you are looking for a pretty funny movie rent "The Backup Plan" with your one and only J-Lo (does she still go by that... she should). It is so funny once she gets pregnant and goes through it with the guy and I think guys would laugh too!

3 day work week for me (wonder what my parents think of me being out again. I was out last Wednesday for a training) and then Derrick and I are off to Charleston, SC for my sorority sister's, Ashley, wedding! It is going to be a tridelta reunion with all of my favorites there and lucky ol' Derrick FINALLY gets to meet them all! Boy, is he in for a treat!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment