Monday, September 6, 2010

It's like teaching at Disney World!


And it really is! That saying is how some of the teachers at my new school describe teaching there --- and they couldn't put it any better! I have taught for 10 days so far and have loved every bit of it (well... all but 1 day but we all have those days no matter what our job is). It is just amazing to me the parental support in this school. It is the truth, ask and you shall receive.
Your wishes are granted!

Before school started we had a meet the teacher and one of the teachers said to make a wish list and put WHATEVER you want on there... the sky is the limit. I felt so uncomfortable putting so much on there (about 65 items) but she said if I put it they would buy it (kind of like Wayne's World... if you build it they will come).

Well she was right! I am still in shock at the daily amounts of things parents are willing to buy and bring in (a pottery barn bean bag chair!?!). I have never written more thank you notes in my life!!

On top of all of the wonderful parental support we have I also love the staff. I have been to 3 different happy hours and have enjoyed all of them (kind of hard not to in a city full of awesome places to go!). The atmosphere in my school is so laid back that I know that is one of the reasons I love being there. There is no set schedule or curriculum because the teachers are trusted that they will reach the end goal and how you get there is your choice (unless of course you bomb it and then I'm sure there are some sort of set guidelines). Everyone is so supportive and the activities we do are so much fun (like having our kids make gingerbread men and then when we go back to pick them up they have "jumped" out of the oven and we go on a tour with a map of the school meeting all of the safe people they can get help from!).

So to wrap up this bragging blogging moment I'd just like to say... 'Who wouldn't want to go to Disney World everyday?'.

No comments:

Post a Comment