Sunday, September 19, 2010

Take a step back... and look again

One final post for the week (in case you haven't noticed I like to save my blogging time for Sunday afternoons/evenings so it all piles up and then I just do multiple blogs - Mondays are a great day to check my blog!). This post I hope will make your Monday a little bit brighter:)

The past couple months for me have been a lot of complaining, crying, headaches, phone calls, and well to me - many times a disaster. But then I received an email from my mom which she received from a friend. This email made me think - why am I being so negative? Is my life reallllly that bad? ABSOLUTELY NOT! My life is great, amazing, wonderful! I am so fortunate to have what I have and be given what I have been given. So this is my inspirational blog for you:)

Now I am going to start off by saying I am by no means a perfect, positive person - obviously - look at the majority of my posts from the months of July-August! But, the best part about your life is that you can always change it! Or, if it's like mine, it doesn't need to be changed, I just need to change the way I look at it. Here are just a few reasons that my life is wonderful:
  • I wake up in a bed, my bed, every morning
  • I take a shower, in my shower, with hot water every morning
  • I eat a breakfast of my choice every morning
  • I pack a lunch that I was able to buy with my own money
  • I get in a car that I bought and drive to a job that I chose and love
  • I see smiling faces (almost) every morning and balls of energy (those would be my students)!
  • I have fun at my job!
  • I go home to a dog (and a boyfriend) that I love and they love me
  • We make dinner with food that we bought with our own money
  • We relax in our quiet apartment that we don't have to share with other people
  • We go to sleep in our own bed with clean sheets
All of the above are such small things that we all take for granted. My life is simple compared to so many peoples. I am healthy, my family is healthy, I have a job, I have a car, I have an income, I have.... so much. So why do I complain??? I have no idea. But tomorrow is a new day and I am going to make it bright! I am not going to look for the things that went wrong, but the things that went right! I am not going to focus on the "why me" but rather the "lucky me!" In the email my mom sent me (which I posted below) it made me think about the little things. Maybe it wasn't a bad thing my car broke down when it did. Derrick was driving it, we were on a pretty empty road, and Derrick was off for the next 14 days which meant I had him to help me while I was able to go to work. It could have broken down on the highway, in high traffic, with people going 60-70 mph ....

On a final note I want to tell you something that someone told me after my dad died. They said "God only lets bad things happen to people who can handle it; to people that have a support system." So if you are stuck on the "why me" think of that quote. It's not happening to you because your life sucks.... it's happening to you because you can handle it and you will get through it. Do you feel inspired now?? Have a great week!

Email from my mom:
As you may remember, the head of a company survived
9/11 because his son started kindergarten
.

Another fellow was alive because it was

His turn to bring donuts.


One woman was late because her

Alarm clock didn't go off in time.


One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike

Because of an auto accident.


One of them

Missed his bus.


One spilled food on her clothes and had to take
Time to change.


One's

Car wouldn't start.


One couldn't

Get a taxi.


T
he one that struck me was the man
Who put on a new pair of shoes that morning,
Took the various means to get to work
But before he got there, he developed
A blister on his foot.


He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid.

That is why he is alive today..

cid:X.MA3.1270878557@aol.com

Now when I am
Stuck in traffic
,
Miss an elevator,

Turn back to answer a ringing telephone
...
All the little things that annoy me.
I think to myself,
This is exactly where

God wants me to be
At this very moment..

Next time your morning seems to be going wrong
You can't seem to find the car keys,
You hit every traffic light,

Don't get mad or frustrated;

It May be just that

God is at work watching over you
May God continue to bless you
With all those annoying little things

And may you remember their possible purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment