Sunday, September 12, 2010

We weren't burnt but still had a blast!

On Saturday Derrick and I had a nice little day planned (I planned it and he was suckered into coming along). We had to go shopping because I have a wedding coming up for a dear friend in Charleston, SC and I needed a rehearsal dinner dress (plus I got paid and after the hell I went through these past couple weeks of moving here I thought I deserved a few new things). Then we were going to head to a fun bar on the lake called Hula Hut and then go run lots more errands. Never once did the thought of tailgating for the UT game cross our minds (which will be very obvious in pictures).
On our drive to Hula Hut Derrick called his cousin to see if he was in town for the game. Geoff said for us to come tailgate - they have kegs, food - why not?? So wouldn't you know the next exit we come upon was the exit we needed to meet up with them. It all fell into place! We parked and headed over to the tailgate spot they had in our awesome white and navy blue polo (Derrick) and khaki and blue tank top (me).

No where on us did we have on anything burnt orange or any resemblance to a long horn... and boy did we stand out.
Tailgating was a blast! We ate amazing food... they have a smoker (see picture)
that they bring with them to all of the games to make sausages, chicken, and brisket, and then a keg with plenty of cold beer. It was $10 and all you wanted! And even better... we were right by the bathrooms for me!!! We played washers (kind of like cornhole only 3 holes cut out and you throw a washer in it for points) and watched the other college games (they of course brought their dish network and 2 huge flat screen tv's and tons of chairs to sit and relax in under their many tents!)
We then went and walked a couple blocks to meet up with some of my college friends and saw some awesome tailgaters! Some people brought their full size pool tables out and the best was the "pub crawler". The driver was also the bartender and it moved by the people/customers pedaling. You bring your OWN ALCOHOL and can even bring a keg to hook right up to their tap! Definitely something I am going to look into.

I'm sure somewhere amidst the tailgaters there were a couple pools because it was DOWNRIGHT hot (97 degrees was the actual temperature but with all of the grills going and everything else who knows what it felt like... I know I felt a slug all slimy and gross).
Everyone started to walk towards the stadium around 5:45 since the game started at 6 and we headed back to my car (I stopped drinking way earlier and sweated out anything else that could have been left in my body). We didn't have tickets and although we could've gotten them I wanted to go when it is something that we planned on doing and don't leave at 10am and not get home till 10pm. Poor Mia would've been crated for way too long. Besides... we definitely need to invest in some burnt items! There were so many cute dresses that the girls had on all paired up with cowboys boots... I think I need to invest in some real Texas boots and say so long to my Target boots. Below are some pics of the blob's of burnt orange and some awesome fans.

At the Beer Garden where we met up with Danielle and Alex

This guy's outfit rocked! Loved the overalls and the fact that he had no shirt on underneath!!
The sea of burnt orange we saw as we drove away!! HOOK EM' HORNS!

No comments:

Post a Comment