Friday, October 15, 2010

Fell off the work out wagon:(

Well folks... I heard on the radio when I first started working out that if you make a public announcement about a goal that you are more likely to follow through with it. I not only made an announcement, I have a full on lengthy detail description of it!! And now I'm publicly letting everyone know.... this week I did not follow through and I actually feel guilty. I did work out, but not nearly as much as I am supposed to. I ran 2 miles (yep, didn't even do a 3 miler) and swam 1 day, which means I came up 2 days short. I'm not going to make excuses but... really... well I am - I have a TON of them (obviously none of them my fault - just like the other night when we went out to for a 'glass of wine' and the next morning my excuse for a terrible headache was that it was the last bottle of the specific wine for the season, of course I had to not only order the whole bottle but also not share it). I'm going to explain why I fell off the wagon and hopefully next week I will have a better update.

Excuses:
1. Derrick was here all week and I really wanted to hang out with him
2. All of the 5K's for the next couple weeks are not in Austin or they only have 10 K's or marathons which I'm not ready for so I haven't signed up for anything, leaving me not working towards a goal
3. I already reached my goal and know that I can run 3 miles... time for a new goal?
4. Last week my legs started to hurt reallllly bad and on Saturday they became very crampy and uncomfortable. My thought was it must be all of the running I was doing because this has never happened before and I had never run this much before. I mentioned it to Derrick and he said, 'you're fine, go eat a banana'. AND THAT'S WHEN IT CLICKED! For the past 2 years every morning I have eaten a banana. Once I moved here though I stopped. **WARNING ... VERY FRUGAL EXCUSE WHY COMING NEXT** In Charlotte produce was expensive, so the cheapest fruit to buy was a banana. In Austin all of the produce is cheap so I have been enjoying other fruits. Guess I need to go back to bananas and a bonus fruit:)
5. I was getting back in shape and toned up for a cruise we were planning on taking for NY's. The cruise sky rocketed in price the day I went to book it so again... nothing to work towards.

Really... I have no excuse. For the past month I have ran almost everyday in the blazing sun and heat... now that the weather has turned BEAUTIFUL I have stopped! I'm a moron. So now after pep talking myself I hope to get back on the bandwagon of running and do this again. Time to go find a 5K!!!!! GO KATIE (Yep... I cheer myself on)

No comments:

Post a Comment