Sunday, October 3, 2010

What have I been up to?

Well I haven't blogged in 2 weeks and of course it's Sunday (last Sunday I was operating on 1 hour of sleep from the wedding) so I am playing catch up today!

Last weekend was my great friend Ashley's wedding. I flew to Charleston on Thursday and flew home on Sunday. My commute was the worst part but the trip made up for it. Thursday was nice and easy to get out there but on Sunday I had to work to get home! I decided to not drink at the reception because I planned to drive from Charleston to Charlotte, NC and sleep for about 2-3 hours at my friend Danielle's house and then take the 6am flight out of Charlotte. The Charlotte flight had 16 open seats and the Charleston had 0... and as you know I fly stand by so I have to take the flight that looks the best! Well.... the transportation back from the wedding got a little bit messed up and we didn't get back to the hotel until 12:00am... I had planned to leave by 10:30! So I opted to sleep for an hour in the hotel, woke up at 1am, got in the rental car and drove 3 1/2 hours straight to the Charlotte airport. Got on the flight at 6am, got to Houston and flew to Austin by 10:15. I had planned to nap but one thing led to another and I was just going strong getting things done! Whew!

I have kept up with my work out plan and am still running 2 miles a day. Today will be my first 3 miler and it is like Austin wants me to run it today... it couldn't be a more gorgeous day! Hopefully I survive (I know I will:)).

I went to one of my mom's from my class houses' on Wednesday to have a get to know me and welcome to Casis party. It was awesome! Wine and wonderful food (although I never made it to the table of food... grr... it did look awesome). I got to hang out with all of them and they got to know me better which they all really enjoyed!

On Thursday I did dinner with some people from my school which was nice to get out and enjoy a late dinner. Also, Thursday after school one of the male teacher's is starting a work out routine which he plans to do every Thursday which is great for me! And it's super fun to do with everyone and do a different kind of work out than running.

Friday I relaxed and went to bed early to get some catch up sleep.

Saturday Mia got groomed finally:) While she got groomed I bombed the apartment for the 4th time and then went to pick her up. She won over the hearts of the groomers and they kept her out front with them and played with her after she was done. They also did an amazing job and Mia was so happy when I got there! She had cute little pigtails in her hair which I fell in love with:)


I cleaned and we then went to the lake across the street to relax and hang out. Mia didn't know how to relax and opted to go crazy after the squirrels and ducks.

Trying to figure out how to get to the animals stuck on a leash
Isn't she adorable? Even with the leaf hanging out of her mouth!?

I then rented a movie and drank some wine.

Today I'm planning on laying out!! It is chilly in the morning here but gets in the low 80's during the day which is perfect weather:) Ahhh fall in Austin:)

No comments:

Post a Comment