Sunday, November 7, 2010

Jeggings... the best excuse to be pregnant!

...I'm not pregnant just some thoughts on the hot new item this season...

Ahh jeggings... my new best friend! What are jeggings you ask!?!? ONLY THE GREATEST CREATION IN HISTORY!! Jeggings are the perfect combination between jeans and leggings. Jeans.... the go to, staple item in your closet. They go with everything - at one point it was even trendy to wear them under dresses! They go with all shoe types, all shirt types, all hair types, all seasons, and are built for every body type. And then you have leggings.... the most comfortable item in my closet next to loungepants!! They are now a staple in my closet because they go with so much and so many shoes and although they are not built for every body type they are a must for me!! Take your 2 favorite things and mash them together and you have JEGGINGS!!

Jeggings in my opinion are amazing. They make it fashionable to have an elastic waist jean! Who would've thunk this would have ever been okay?? They make it okay to not have back pockets on your jeans... yet again - who would've thunk it?!?! It's like they looked at little old ladies in their fake blue baggy elastic waisted jeans and thought... those look so comfy - how can we make them trendy? Ah ha! Make them in a better color and tighter!! LOVE YOU LITTLE OLD LADIES FOR THIS IDEA! ... ps ... am I the only person who thinks old people and has to say "little" in front of it although neither of my grandparents are "little" old people??

I called my sister then and repeated my new found theory.... that jeggings are giving every woman a new excuse to get pregnant! Of course, eventually maternity clothes are needed (I think?) but with elastic waisted, stretchy jeggings in season and in style you can go so much longer without having to buy new clothes to look trendy! They are MADE for pregnant woman! There are only 3 other instances in fashion history that I can think of that women could be pregnant and still wear normal sized clothes for a little while longer. Those 3 instances were babydoll dresses (not cool anymore), overalls (I wish they were still cool because I definitely rocked my Gap ones weekly in middle school), and maxi dresses (still cool but for how much longer?).

So to wrap this up... jeggings I love you. And although I know this style will not last forever, you will always be a #1 favorite in my heart <3

No comments:

Post a Comment