Sunday, November 7, 2010

We got approved!!

The house process continues:) Derrick and I have been gathering our information for applying for a loan. He contacted a loan officer and on Thursday when I got home from school he said we were going to swing by and drop off my paperwork (his was all sent electronically - fancy pants). So we went to go drop it off, and low and behold an hour later we were approved:):) The process was super quick and the guy was so efficient, friendly, and full of answers (and I was full of questions) :). Since we knew what we were working with we began seeking out areas and communities. At first this was fun but once the real hunt began... well it's not as fun. It's overwhelming! There is way too much to look at, too big of a city with all of these outskirt areas, and it's just intense!

On Saturday after we went to the winery we went to a new housing development to see what it was all about and find out more about building. We went through 4 model homes, discussed pros and cons of each one, and then a spec house that was up for a great deal for immediate sale. We left and discussed the neighborhood on the way back. It was depressing for me because I like everything I see and I am an impulse buyer... if I like I go with it. I have patience in many aspect of my job so I guess I feel I do not need to be patient with anything else hahaha:) We spent 2 hours there and do not plan to buy there. Although the houses were wonderful, well in price range, and full of great amenities, we did not feel 100% secure with the area/neighborhood. And so the hunt continues.

We spent a lot of time today googling and searching on line (seriously... how did people buy a house before the internet?? It is so convenient to check distance, surrounding areas, grocery stores, everything!). We found a lot of great houses in the surrounding areas of Austin. We will more than likely not live with 10 mile radius of downtown Austin due to pricing but we can get a wonderful house on the outskirts. Also, since our lease isn't up until February we are able to deal with what Derrick says is a "slower process" of a foreclosure or a short sale house. This will definitely benefit us.

Derrick is calling a realtor recommended to us by the loan officer tomorrow. He says she is very efficient and hopefully she can take some of the overwhelming-ness off of our shoulders. That's their job right!?!

And so the hunt continues... patience Katie.. patience:)

No comments:

Post a Comment