Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Proposal

and no NOT MINE! Before you get overly excited this was not my proposal but still such a fun story to tell because Derrick and I got to be part of it!

On Wednesday afternoon I received a text from one of my college friends, Alex, who lives in Austin with my sorority sister Danielle. He was asking what we were up to this weekend, I told him nothing much but I was excited Derrick would be here and thought we should get together. He told me he was planning on PROPOSING to Danielle and wanted us to help out!! Um yes!!!! He was planning on taking her to this little winery out in hill country and then proposing there. He wanted us to take pictures and video it to have it as a memory and also to see if Danielle would want to go so she was thrown off track. So Mission #1 - get Danielle to go to the winery.

I texted Danielle asking her plans for the weekend and said someone at school had mentioned this little winery and I wasn't sure if they had heard of it or if they were interested (sneaky me... they had been there before but the less you act like you know the less questions people ask!) She agreed.... Mission #1 complete

Mission #2 - ride separately to the winery so we could leave immediately after so they could enjoy their engagement - I called Danielle on Friday asking the time she thought we should go and said that we had a ton of errands to run the morning so it would be best to ride separately - Mission #2 - complete

Mission #3 - what's our cue? Alex called on Saturday morning to discuss final details. Our cue was he had a picture of their dog Sebastian with the ring and a message saying "will you marry me?" on it. He was planning on dropping the picture, asking Danielle if it fell out of her purse (that's our cue) having her pick it up, read it, and he would be down on one knee. Mission #3 complete

We arrived at the winery a little before them and since we had never been there I took that opportunity to take some pictures. It was a gorgeous day - couldn't have been more perfect.
Riding through hill country -- beautiful!
Hanging out by the barrel that collects the rain
Walking through the vineyards - tadaaa:)
At Flat Creek Estates

Once they arrived we headed in for brunch. It was a little chilly in the restaurant so Danielle asked for Alex's coat. Mission #5 - get the ring out of the coat!! Alex said his coat was stuck and Derrick distracted Danielle by asking about the wine list while Alex put the ring in my purse. Mission #5 close... but complete

Mission #6 - close the purse! Alex put the ring in my purse but I didn't realize it! He started talking to me about his iphone and said "see these are how the pictures look on an iphone" - really he had written CLOSE YOUR PURSE on the iphone hahaha. Mission #6 complete

Mission #7 - get the ring out of my purse!! I walked by Derrick and quietly mumbled "get the ring out of my purse and give it back to Alex" while we were wandering around getting ready for the wine tasting. He took my purse to a table and was "looking for his phone" and got the ring out. Mission #7 complete.

About 15 minutes before the proposal:)

Mission #8 - proposal!! We finished up with the wine tasting and headed to the vineyards. We were supposed to trail behind so we could get the cameras ready. I was trying to fall behind and asked the dumbest questions about grapes hoping they would continue walking. Eventually they did. I saw the picture fall out of his pocket, he asked Danielle if she dropped it, she said no, I said yes it fell out of her pocket, she bent down and said "aww it's Sebastian.... are you shitting me!?!" - we had the cameras out and the rest is history:) There is now a future Mr. and Mrs. Glass and we got to be a part of it:):) Congratulations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment