Sunday, December 12, 2010

Merry Christmas (early from my class!)

On Thursday we had our class party (I know a little early but I was informed that many of the students leave before the winter break starts to go to Paris, Australia, ya know... the usual) and boy was it an eye opener for me! I'm used to having the plan the entire party, have it filled with junk food, and usually it was the one day that ALL of the parents would come. Why you ask? FREE FOOD of course! Usually there would be grandparents, cousins, you name it - they were there. Sometimes I would get gifts (not to complain but they were usually dollar store presents or something random and broken like the one time I got an old nutcracker that didn't even work) Well that was then... this is now!


I have 2 room parents that planned the entire party... I didn't know even what we were eating! They showed up 45 minutes early while my kids were at music to set up and organize. We had 3 stations - wearing reindeer antlers and making reindeer food (adorable - dried oats, sugar and glitter, shaken together and put into a bag. Sprinkle it on your lawn on Christmas Even to help attract the reindeers of course -- and my 1 Jewish little girl who said the reindeer don't come to her house... oh honey, sprinkle it on your bushes and the magic fairies will come! DUH!) The next station they wore snowman headbands and made reindeer using their hand prints and a paper bag (glue handprints to the bag, add googly eyes and a sparkly red pom pom nose - hello Rudolph! sorry Jewish little girl... it was Rudolph, no changing that - but now she was cultural!) Lastly was the ultimate experience for them and me! A 4 tier chocolate fondue fountain! Bananas, strawberries, pretzel sticks, brownies, and to top it off sprinkles to roll it in afterwards. The kids just dipped away (not sanitary by any means but so awesome). Who would've thought at a 5 and 6 year old party that would be our treat. They spent 13 minutes at each station, a timer was set, and when it went off they switched. After 45 minutes to the dot I released them out my backdoor to play on the playscape and when we came back in 30 minutes later I swear little cleaning fairies went nuts in my room. The room was spotless and you would have never known there was party! AHHH what a dream:)

I also received my class gift which was amazing. At the beginning of the year the room parents send home envelopes with their name addressed on the outside to mail back to them and the parents can enclose as much as as they would like to "donate" to our parties and to... me:) The room parents can then use it as they would like. This year I was given one of my favorite perfumes -- an oldie but a goodie.... Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue -the gift set:) Also a gift card to Nordstrom and my favorite... a canister of sour patch kids.

AWESOME:) What a difference this party was from my previous and it was so relaxing for me to just enjoy it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment