Wednesday, December 8, 2010

On a side note

Just a couple funny conversations between Derrick and I in the past of days I thought you might enjoy:

Tonight Derrick and I were talking about crocheting (don't know why...?) and he was explaining to me the difference between knitting and crocheting (again... don't ask why he knows more than I do - maybe I should've gotten HIM the sewing machine) and he said "you know when you put up a tent, oh wait you don't put up tents. Well like when you go camping... oh wait... you don't go camping. Geez Katie..... you live in another world". hahaha I just smiled and sipped my wine (that he poured me and refilled twice .... ahhhh my life is grand - Nikki I know you are shaking your head. Mom, you are wondering how I found someone to deal with me).

1 more funny one....

My frustration over house hunting hit the roof over the weekend (again.. more on that to come. I need to still wind down some more) and I just want to find the right neighborhood but that is really hard in Austin because the neighborhood "feel" is so different than what I am used to. So Derrick asked me "Katie, what do you want in a neighborhood?".

Well... call it the sorority in me... or just wanting to live the life of a perfect person but my response was:

"I want a neighborhood that it's okay to wear a dress, pumps, and a headband everyday and walk across the street to my neighbors house for wine on the porch. Like the Stepford Wives" IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK!?!? I really want to be Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl - that is my ultimate dream!!! But the Manhattan life is not for me so I will settle for Stepford Wives (totally off topic but I love Blair so much I had to get her into my blog somehow).



**see that is my dream of me and my friends just hanging out, you know a normal Monday, waiting for our kids to get home from school**

Derrick's response was "Katie... that's not real life. We obviously are not buying a house anytime soon".

Looking back on it I laughed and do find it to be funny but still .... very true. I want to live in Pleasantville... where the basketball always goes in the hoop, it only rains to create a rainbow, and everyone walks places. Okay.... I get that this is a fantasy place and it doesn't really exist but is it too much to wish? I mean he did ask me what kind of neighborhood I wanted to live it. I told him the truth!! Besides... who can look at this and say they don't want to live that life and go grocery shopping like that (even if they were evil robots in the movie). I LOVE THEM!


So those are my side notes tonight ... hope they made you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment