Friday, December 16, 2011

Kids calendar

For the holidays this year I had planned on doing a simple votive candle holder from my students to their parents. It's quick and easy and cute. Well... a friend send me this amazing idea and I just had to do it. Little did I know it'd create an immense amount of stress and 1 too many gray hairs added to my head but man... did it turn out adorable.

The gift is a calendar for the parents -- with their child's hand stamped each month and the handprint turned into something different. The front cover is laminated with a title page on the front and a sweet poem with their childs picture on the back. I took a picture of each month and then the finished product -- how cute is this!?! Remember... I cannot take any credit for this idea!

Front cover

Snowflake

Heart

Leprechaun

Umbrella


Tulips

Butterfly

Fish

Sun

Apples

Jack o lantern

Turkey

Santa
So do the math... 12 months, 20 kids... it was a lot of painting, stamping, organizing, and book binding but so worth it in the end. I hope the parents like it!!!

1 comment:

  1. You did it??? I did it too and next year I will start in August by it was soo stressful!!!

    ReplyDelete