Friday, December 2, 2011

Running

Well -- I've kept up with my running since we moved into our new apt back in March and I bought my new, expensive shoes. I can truly say I enjoy running - a lot. It's not a struggle for me anymore and I love how it clears my head and I can enjoy being outside. I have run in 3 5 K's. The Livestrong which I ran in 26:45, then the Susan G Komen 5K which I ran in about 25 ... not sure because I wasn't timed AND it was insane with 20,000+ people, then over Thanksgiving I ran the Turkey Trot 5K in 24:34. I never thought I'd run this fast!!! I am in shock:) I have another 5K in 2 days, the Lights of Love 5k that we run at night with Christmas lights and Santa Claus AND hot chocolate to support the Ronald McDonald house. I try to find runs that I agree with the charity - it makes it that much more meaningful. My goal is to run a half marathon within the next year - by the end of 2012. I have another run coming in March - a 10K - and then a BIG run called Run to the Sun in April which I just put name on the list for. It is a 95 mile relay run on a team of 8-10 people. The run starts in the early evening on Friday and finishes on Saturday morning. It is to support Battens Disease - and a little girl at our school has this disease and her family and parents created this run. I truly cannot wait to be part of this amazing event.

I don't really have many photos from my runs. In a previous post I showed the pics of Derrick and I from the Livestrong run.


Below is a photo before the Breast Cancer run - these are my coworkers supporting a fellow teammate and coworker in her fight against Breast Cancer (in the pink - doesn't she look great!?!?). We were Team Double D - BIG OR SMALL LET'S SAVE THEM ALL! I loved the slogan! The professional photos haven't been loaded yet - should be sometime this week and I will post any I find.


I'm not sure that there were any photos from the Turkey Trot.... it was cold and I was bundled up!!

I'm sure there will be some photos after my run I'll post! Until then... I'll keep running!

No comments:

Post a Comment