Sunday, December 18, 2011

You know you're a teacher

Below is something I found on facebook and copied onto my blog. In italics are my responses:)

HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU'RE A TEACHER? by Jeff Foxworty
#1 You get a secret thrill out of laminating things.
oh yes - things look so much brighter and better!
#2 You walk into a store and hear the words, “It’s Ms./Mr. ____________ and know you have been spotted. -
always... the best is when I'm out to dinner
#3 You have 25 people who accidentally call you Mom/Dad at one time or another. -
daily... constantly... half the time they don't even realize it
#4 You can eat a multi-course meal in under 25 minutes. -
4 different things in 20 minutes flat
#5 You’ve trained yourself to go to the bathroom at two distinct times of the day, lunch and planning period. no... never can I do this -- I go 4-5 times a day but I'm a super speedy pee-er and wash my hands back in the room
#6 You start saving other people’s trash, because most likely, you can use that toilet paper tube or plastic butter tub for something in the classroom.
last year I ended up with 4 ... yes 4... huge sterilite tubs FILLED with toilet paper tubes
#7 You want to slap the next person who says, “Must be nice to work 7 to 3 and have summers off”. - shut it
#8 You believe chocolate is a food group.
if you only knew...
#9 You feel the urge to talk to strange children and correct their behavior when you are out in public.
I don't actually speak to them but I do think things in my mind
#10 You think caffeine should be available in intravenous form.
absolutely - thank god for starbucks across the street
#11 You spend more money on school stuff than you do on your own children.
used to -- thankfully not anymore at my new school
#12 You ask your husband or friends to use their words and explain if the left hand turn he made was a “good choice” or “bad choice.”
yes I say use your words frequently
#13 You find true beauty in a can full of perfectly sharpened pencils.
oh man... you have no idea
#14 You are secretly addicted to hand sanitizer. -
YES YES YES
#15 You understand, instantaneously, why a child behaves in a certain way after meeting his/her parents -
AB-SO-LUTE-LY

No comments:

Post a Comment