Monday, January 23, 2012

New apartment

Derrick and I are moving... yes... again. Yep... since August 2010 we will have moved 3 times and since June 2010 we will have moved 4... one of them across half of the country!

We love where we live right now... great location, beautiful pool, new, gated, big, great people.... but it is PRICEY. And we really wanted to find a cheaper place - even if it meant downsizing.

It all kind of fell into place very last minute. A friend of mine lives in a small, older, but closer to school and same distance to downtown (amazing), AND WAY CHEAPER. There are only 11 units and don't open up too often. We she told me on Dec 20 she there was an opening. We were leaving the following day and we had to decide by the 27 what we were planning on doing with the current place. We had kind of already made up our mind but then we thought -- hey if it works out lets do it.

So on Dec 26 I called the complex and nothing... no one is opened the day after Christmas. I left a message. The 27 was the day I had to re-sign our current lease. I emailed them for the E copy because they do it all electronic stuff -- well haha on them. While I waiting I got the phone call that yes the apartment was still open, yes we could move in late Feb, yes the price was right, YES YES YES. I immediately said tell me what to do to snag it ... and it all worked out. I submitted my no thanks for keeping this place and was done with it:)

The place is WAY WAY WAY smaller. It's 2 stories which is neat... 2 bedrooms and 1 very small bathroom upstairs and the living room/dining room/kitchen downstairs. No laundry room --- there is a facility on site. It is made of cinder block so it stays really cold from what my 2 friends say that currently live there... yes I know 2 of the 10 other places haha. It keeps our electric super low in price.

We are looking up lots of new ways to use storage to our advantage and are getting rid of yet again a lot of stuff.... I also opted to keep all of my 5 holiday/Christmas bins at school. I have a spare closet and it's not full so why not:)

yay --- We will start our move on Feb 18 and will have 9 days to get everything out and in and cleaned. Whoo hooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment