Sunday, January 15, 2012

Top 12 in 2012!

A little delayed but with much consideration here are my top 12 of 2012 to accomplish:) - no particular order

1. Run a 1/2 marathon in under 2 hours... initially I would have just wanted to run a 1/2 marathon and complete it but lately but I have been adding more and more mileage to my long runs (ie 8 miles today in 68 minutes!) so I feel like I should set a time goal!

2. Take more deep breaths... the past couple of months I have worked really hard during the week to truly relax during the weekend - it has been amazing. I want to continue it BUT now I also want to try to be more flexible during the week too... will anyone notice if I don't vacuum during the week?

3. Travel to Europe... that is next on my list and I'm looking forward to this summer. Hopefully we can pull it off. I'm ready to vacation in other places than the caribbean/beachy - don't get me wrong - I LOVE THAT - but I want to try something new

4. Keep up with my organization and find a place for everything. If I don't have a place for it... then it doesn't belong. The new, SMALLER, apartment will help:)

5. Limit the shopping. I did so well for about 2 years -- barely shopped at all.

6. Save....save...save.... - but also spend and not feel guilty about it. Because like Derrick says, what are you saving for if you're never going to spend it. True story! I work hard... I should enjoy it!

7. More surprises for Derrick. This upcoming weekend (21) I am surprising him with a trip to Enchanted Rock, a state park here with some nice hiking, but afterwards I also booked a cute B&B room for the night in a small town of Comfort, TX:) He has no idea!

8. Continue to find more ways to save money! It is one of my favorite things. I am obsessed with GoodWill shopping, Plato's closet, and I'm going to look for more consignment shops. C'mon 2nd hand:) With the saving comes my budget -- I've had a budget for YEARS ... I revamped it last night and color coded it (yes.... I am so type A and color coding is my favorite thing in the world.... colored highlighters in my planner in college saved my life) - I'm hoping to keep better track of my spending and STOP spending when my limit has been reached for the month.

9. Read more. Screen time less. I've got a long way to go on that one.

10. Keep in touch better. I'm great with emails so I'll start there:)

11. Push myself to stay up a half hour later when Derrick is here.... it's hard because I'm always so tired but what's a half hour of sleep... I can get up a little later if needed... but I need to be better about remembering that he isn't here everyday. I always get bummed when he leaves and regret turning in too early. At the same time, I know that if I don't get enough sleep I'll get sick - so don't worry... I'm saying going to bed at 10 rather than 9:30. Not too late!

12. Take a class. Last year I took a photography class and LOVED it - what will it be this year? Maybe a cooking class... I'd love to learn how to chop things better with a knife... is that a class? hahahaha. Maybe a beginner's painting class, a gardening class, something. anything. something new!

Think about it... what would you like to accomplish in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment