Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Our weekend getaway:)

Derrick and I's holiday season was so busy busy we didn't get any down time just him and I to relax. I wanted to surprise him and this past weekend was the day to do it:)

On Saturday morning I woke him up at 8am and he made us breakfast. I then told him to put on some clothes to be outside and 'moving' in and told him to take Mia to the park for 45 minutes. As soon as he left I dashed around the apartment like a crazy person.

I packed a picnic lunch for us and also had to pack for us overnight. I packed PJ's for both of us, outfits for dinner, my shower stuff, books to relax with, and his shower stuff. All of that in 45 minutes plus I needed to clean up and do dishes and put them away because a friend was coming to stay at our apartment to watch Mia for the day/night for me.

Derrick got back and I told him he couldn't come back into the apartment so he wouldn't notice his missing shower and bathroom items. We hopped in the car and away we drove for 1 1/2 hours to Enchanted Rock - a TX state park. I bought a state park pass back in July and want to put it to good use! The day was beautiful and full of sunshine but not too hot.











After our hike and picnic lunch at the top of the rock we got back in the car for a 45 minute drive to our next stop. Derrick had no idea we were spending the night! We pulled into the Bed and Breakfast, got our room, and took a walk around the area. It was beautiful in this small town called Comfort, TX - awesome. We showered and headed into town to a small winery, then another place for a drink, and then to dinner. We headed home from dinner thinking it was 9pm... nope 6:15. Wow! We were so busy!! I think we fell asleep around 9pm after playing a few games of checkers in the room and woke up at 7am to enjoy some coffee outside in the morning fog and then headed to breakfast. Breakfast was amazing. The view was great too - they have a deer feeder that goes off at 8 and 8:30am so the deer came right by where we were eating. We finished eating and headed back to Austin. It was an awesome getaway weekend for us:)









No comments:

Post a Comment