Sunday, January 22, 2012

Winter break 2011

A little behind so it's time to catch up! January is almost over and I haven't even finished blogging about it! Eek!

Derrick and I had a SUPER busy holiday vacation this year. My break started on the Dec 21-Jan 4. We went to bed super early on the 20th and headed to Houston at 3am to catch our 6:30 flight to Orlando. The best part... WE TOOK MIA:) She got to fly with us and come to FL to visit with Derrick's family and it saved us oodles of money to not have to board her. The weather was amazing in FL and we got to enjoy going to the beach and playing a game of family touch football on Christmas Eve:)





I came home on Christmas Day because Derrick had to head to work. I got a ton of stuff done those 3 days being in Austin -- errands galore including last minute signing a new lease for a new place (another post) -- and Derrick came home on the 28. The 29 we woke up BRIGHT AND EARLY again to drive to Houston for our 7am flight (it's easier for us to fly out of Houston on stand by). And yes, we got to bring Mia again with us!!!!! We got into Detroit and my mom picked us up. We enjoyed some (cold) time in Ohio visiting with family and playing cards. On the 31 we drove to Columbus to my sorority sister's new house for a big NY's party with my sorority sister's and friends. It was so awesome to visit with everyone.







I dropped Derrick off on the 1st at the Columbus airport and I headed back up to Oregon to spend the day with my mom for 1 more day. We woke up super early and headed to Detroit on the 2nd.... I didn't get on any flights... my mom had to come back to pick me up... then drive me down to Cleveland to catch a late flight out. I got in to Houston at 9pm and drove the 3 hour drive home to Austin. I had 1 day to relax and get ready for school on the 4th! SHEW! Way too busy but so nice to see everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment