Sunday, August 8, 2010

The beginning weeks of World Moving Services

Okay... my plan for the story of my moving company will be broken down into a couple different posts for multiple reasons. 1 - because it would just take up too much space for 1 post. 2 - it will be much clearer if I break it down for you. and 3 - this will keep you on the edge of your seats wondering what will happen next! (Yep... it's that bad that it really does keep on getting worse...) I found this picture and I'm pretty sure this what I looked like at the end of everyday from July 26-August 2nd.

So let's go back in time to July 3rd. The day I sent my sales rep Benjamin from World Moving Services, a complete inventory of everything that would need to be moved on July 29 from my storage unit. The wonderful day that Derrick and I moved everything out of my apartment and into my storage unit I took an EXACT inventory of everything I moved (and for those of you that know me... it was very exact just like when I take an exact inventory of what I wear every day to work to make sure I don't wear the same thing twice in 6 weeks or less... total dork but that is my way of wearing everything I own!). I emailed him my list and he responded saying he "updated his inventory and my quote still stood at 3,000 lbs which was their minimum they could do for $1,574 - full service meaning they will load it, unload it, and put everything back together that needed to be." Well heck - SIGN ME UP! Who would want to drive their own stuff out and then carry it up to the second floor and put it all together for only about $200 less? This made total sense! And here I'm thinking ... JACKPOT!!!


A weight was lifted off my shoulders and I felt so much better about being able to relax the rest of the summer! Benjamin sent me my contract and I noticed that the furniture list was wrong. I told him this and he told me "that is a generic list we use for people who fall 3,000 lbs or under". Oh! Perfect! So I signed the contract and Benjamin told me someone would follow up with me on a pick up date (either July 29 or 30).

Well after the contract signing I headed to Deep Creek with my family - awesome time seeing everyone and relaxing! It's always nice to get away from everything and just spend the day laying by the docks and then roasting marshmallows and hanging out outside with mountain air not too hot, not too cold... a perfect picture huh? And on top of that - I turned 26 while I was there! Still mid twenties so I was okay with getting a little older.


So I get back to Charlotte on the 13th and get a phone call that my stuff will get picked up on the 29... but I had no time frame. I had a surprise vacation coming up from Derrick on the 18th and wouldn't get back until the 25th so I wanted to get this all squared away before I left so I could fully relax (separate post about this vacation!). So, I called wonderful Benjamin on the 16 and left a message. I also emailed him just wondering if they had a time frame for me. He was usually so good about returning my calls but he didn't on the 16. So I tried again on the 17th.. phone call and email... and got nothing. I kind of forgot about it for the entire week on vacation which was great but the second we came back to the states and I turned on my phone... I got a bad feeling. No message from Benjamin and I can't explain why it bothered me so much but I knew right then and there something wasn't right with this situation.

And so that is where this blog will end tonight... leaving you hanging on July 25. What will happen next? Oh gosh... what WON'T happen next! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment