Saturday, August 21, 2010

Loving life:)

So finally after being here for almost 3 weeks I am fully enjoying living in Austin! Although I still have not gotten back my money from the movers (they told me on Thursday I qualified to get back $167 in a voice mail.... well I am owed WAY more than that but for the next couple days I want to focus just on school... lord know they're not in a hurry to get me my money anyways and in the end it will all work out). Also, Mia still has fleas and I was told it will take up to 3 months to fully get rid of them in the apartment and on her (poor thing) but we are vacuuming daily, changing sheets and bedding every other day, and picking them off of her day by day, so again - I know in the end it will all work out. But those are the only things I have to "complain" about!
I LOVE my school - have I said that already?? - and the people I work with. I am so excited and feel like I am living in a dream! This has been what I have wanted to do for almost 2 years and on Monday, my first day of school, the dream will come true! Friday was our open house and I got to meet everyone and I am so excited. Things are so different than what I'm used to but I am eager to get in and get started! After open house the staff went to Happy Hour at a place called 'Abel's on the Lake'. Awesome view and the Bloody Mary's were fantastic:

Derrick and I went to a wine bar that night and enjoyed some "patio wine" - that's the category it was under - (don't mind me in the picture... it was a long day and I had not done much to my self before we went out for wine!)

and live music and ended it with raspberry cheesecake gelato. I have to say... there is so much to love about being here! Come visit and you will fall in love too!

No comments:

Post a Comment