Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where I stand with World Moving Services



Alright - as of today you will be up-to-date with me with the worst moving company ever created.
August 2 my stuff was dropped off and put into the storage unit. I arrived on August 4 (left on the 3rd, drove through North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and then stopped in New Orleans because my sister was there over night for work so I got a free hotel!). I then left in the morning and drove the rest of the way to Austin. I stopped at Kyle's place to pick up the keys and information for the storage unit (climbed a tree and hopped a fence while in the process), headed to my apartment to sign paperwork for the move in the next day, and then headed to my college friend/sorority sister's place (Danielle and Alex).

August 5 I woke up early, headed downtown to pick up my laptop for the district (WHO HOO FREE LAP TOP!), then went to another office to fill out my benefits packet THEN went to fill out my direct deposit information. Shew... all of that by 9:00am! I ran (not really although everyone else in Austin runs or bikes places) back, checked on Mia, then headed to my apartment to move in! My car was OVERLY packed and was in desperate need of unloading. I unloaded and then headed to the storage unit. What a surprise I was in for... I lifted up the door and about 9-10 boxes and a lamp came tumbling out all over the place. Awesome. I packed up my car with some stuff (broken and unbroken) headed to go get Mia and went back to the apartment to unload again. I made a couple more trips, unpacked the stuff, and got ready for another day and Derrick was coming in the next day for the night!

Throughout the next couple of days we did a ton of loading into the car, unpacking, moving into the apartment, moving into my classroom, cleaning out my classroom, flooded my toilet, flooded my washer, rented a UHaul to move the rest of my stuff (with Kyle's help again!), Derrick put together all of my furniture while Kyle and I slept off the super strong and awesome margaritas we had, and poor Mia became infested with fleas so we bombed the apartment and still to this day she has them. She has had 3 flea baths, lots of apple cider vinegar, and still has them. Grrr -- poor thing and super frustrating for me!

I have yet to receive any paperwork for my move (although I have requested it twice by email and through the phone twice). I am owed money still and yet no one has contacted me concerning it. I have been called 3 times by Laketa in the past week asking me if I have received my stuff yet... (uh... organized much???) and every time I tell her YES PLEASE GIVE ME MY MONEY. She told me she submitted a request for a supervisor to call me about my money (that was August 7 and it is now almost the 13 and no call). I have no minutes left to sit on hold and wait for someone to talk to me till the 15 when my cycle starts over so that is when I will begin the phone calls again. I thought I had already taken more pictures than I did of what was broken or damaged but I guess I didn't (sorry but you know what broken things look like anyways). They also lost many of my things for my home and classroom. Keep your fingers crossed for me that this process will become easier (although I highly doubt it based on what they have been though).

I will be in Chicago over the weekend for my sorority sister's bachelorette party. When I come back I hope to give everyone a great update about my WONDERFUL school and post some pics of my adorable little monkey classroom:) If anything about this move feels right it is my job. I could not be more excited and happy about the choice I made to switch to a different school. As hard as it is to feel that you have to "prove" yourself again and be the "newbie", I'm looking forward to every little bit of this new experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment