Friday, February 17, 2012

Color run!

The first week of February brought with it 70's and 80 degree weather. It was great! The first Saturday of the Feb myself and 3 girlfriends signed up to run the Color Run in Austin. A 5K requiring you to wear as much white as possible because you get hit with powdered paint every 1K of your run! And even luckier for us - Derrick was off but the race was full so he was able to come and take pics:)

Well... race day arrived. I was prepared with my white tank top, light gray shorts, bright blue shades, and white knee socks. It was freezing. Okay not OH cold but 40's... rainy... poured heavy rain the night before... and windy. Last minute I grabbed a 3/4 white shirt... didn't help. We stood outside in the cold for longer than anticipated... the race started 45 minutes late!! We were angry... bored... cold... and miserable. Oh and poor Derrick - yes he was cold too and didn't get to warm up during the race.

The race started and it was more like a mud run. I'm not exaggerating when I say people's shoes were COMING OFF while running because they were stuck in the mud! It was fun in the end but not because of the color part... no it was because of the mud and because we decided to make the most of it and just enjoy being messy and dirty! Derrick took awesome pics:) Enjoy!





2 comments:

  1. My friends Chelsea, Holly, Alicia and I just signed up {today} for the Chicago Color Me Run!!! This excites me!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! It was definitely fun once it started but I hope yours is more organized than ours:) Can't wait to read about it!

    ReplyDelete