Thursday, February 16, 2012

School happenings!

I can't believe it but the 100th day came and went 2 weeks ago and we just finished up valentines day! Where is this year going? Next up on our calendar... Kindergarten rodeo! One of the greatest days to be in kindergarten! All of the parents of Kindergarten students come together to create a morning of Texas and Western themed stations for all K students to rotate through. They students and teachers come decked out in their best cowboy/cowgirl apparel and participate in lassoing, pony races (on stick horses of course), singing home on the range, visiting the watering hole for snacks, and SO MUCH MORE. This is by far 1 of the best events of Kindergarten!

But -- I first wanted to post pics of our 100th day of school awesome snacks (we made a snack consisting of 100 pieces for each student... gee did that take forever for each kid to count out 100 pieces of food...)


and also our ADORABLE monkey 100 cake! My classroom is themed at the Monkey's and when I saw this cake I knew the kids would go... BANANAS!



Then came Valentine's Day. We made ice cream sundaes and distributed Valentine's. I received 2 amazing gifts...

6 cake balls from Austin Cake Ball - a new find for Derrick and I that we visited a couple of weeks ago and it is beyond amazing


and these adorable styrofoam cups with hot pink monkeys on the side (remember... we are the monkey room). I fell in love! I have actually had my brain thinking on buying some personalized cups like this - they are pretty popular around here and they're super cute... and yes in case you are wondering I do plan to wash them out and reuse them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment