Friday, April 27, 2012

Austin 10/20

2 weekends ago I ran the Austin 10/20

This race was a first for me in many ways!  It was actually the first time this race has been held and was amazingly organized, the shirts were cool (I based a big part of the race on the shirts...), its was a neat concept, and for me it was my first time EVER running double digits in a race.  I never thought this would happen for me and it did.


My super cool and heavy 'weapon' medal I EARNED:)
 I dunno where I am but check out all the people
 Dying... I have no idea where we are but I'm dying
 Looking stronger:)
I came in at 1:35:12 - 5 minutes over my goal time and averaged 9:30 pace which is pretty slow for me.  I'm still learning in this process for sure - like that I'm starving immediately and goo and gels don't help - I should probably take a bar or a sandwich (seriously -- people do that - peanut butter).  I placed 608 in the Females and 1436 over - hahah awesome.  The average of women was 1:55 though so I beat that by 20 minutes and the average of men was 1:41 and I beat that:)  Fastest person... 44 minutes - seriously - what's up with your body and stamina?  Those people confuse me.
I'll be back next year for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment