Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday... I'm glad you're over

Good lord this day was long.  It is currently 8:00 and I sat down for the first time in my apartment 20 minutes ago.  Holy... crap.

Yes school is winding down (23 more school days) but with that brings insanity.  Testing, report cards, final meetings with parents to bring them up to date just in case, summer plans with camp and tutoring and house sitting and dog sitting and nannying AND Spain, our chicks are hatching and we weren't prepared because they came early (now I have a very small send of premature things... very small), Run to the Sun is this weekend (100+ relay no big deal...), new national boards classes starting up on Saturdays for 7 hours (grrr seriously - in this beautiful weather), and holy cow so much more.  Not to complain but I would like to state for the record that 'must be nice to get summers off' means nothing to me - it pisses me off.  Not that no one else works their booties off all year long but do you do it with 20 kids that aren't even yours?  Yes, I chose this profession because I love it but don't knock it because you have NO.IDEA. what we go through all 175 days of school.  Come visit me -- I beg you -- come experience what I do each and every day and tell me we don't deserve a 2 month mental and emotional break so we can bring that same positive energy year after year to our childer.

Stepping down off of my crazy soap box now...

So today I taught (without any breaks because testing is going on which means yes you read that right... no breaks... did you get a bathroom break today?  water break? conversation break? oh... not me... get the 2 month hiatus??); then tutored for an hour a sweet little girl hyped up on chocolate, walked Mia, changed, ate a quick snack, watered the garden, headed to an hour work out in 90 degree weather (c'mon spring you're killing me already), ran to the grocery, made dinner, walked Mia, put away laundry, wondered why there was a GIANT pee stain on 1 of our decorative pillows... MIAAAAAAA....., showered and bathed Mia, walked her again, did dishes, cleaned the kitchen... POURED MYSELF A GLASS OF WINE AND SAT DOWN!

shew!! again - this might seem like I'm complaining but really it's more for me - a recap of why it took me so long to sit down and relax.... :)  I love days like today - keeps me busy and reminds me how lucky I am to have a job, friends, a place to work out, and my sweet puppy.

Thinking about next week 'linking' up with another blog of someone I have no clue who they are - I've never done this so this will be a totally new thing for me.  We'll see if I remember --- psh if it's anything like today I won't:) HAPPY HUMP DAY THANK GOD WE ARE HALF WAY THROUGH THE WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment