Monday, April 16, 2012

Spain - HERE WE COME!

So this past weekend Derrick and I were supposed to heard to Maui together for his friend's wedding. At the days got closer I got more stressed out. I wanted to go SO badly and the flights were wide open (first class too!) but my National Board paper was due, I had another class to go, a race to run, and sub plans to write. It was all too much for 2 1/2 days of Maui. So Derrick said I could plan our summer trip since I couldn't go to Maui and I was so bummed.

Low and behold I decided on... SPAIN! I'm so excited! The plan right now is :

#1 - practice my Rosetta Stone to hopefully get my Spanish back and really be able to understand where we are and what's going on
#2 - leave on June 16 from Newark, NJ and fly into Barcelona on the 17th in the morning. We would stay until the 25th (ish) depending on flights and Derrick's vacation time.
#3 - we plan to spend a few days in Barcelona, then Valencia, Toledo, Madrid and maybe Segovia which I heard from a classmate from Spain that this is a must - it's where she is from and full of amazing history.
#4 - I have a friend staying in our apartment for almost 2 weeks to watch Mia so I will fly back into Newark, NJ and then go straight to DE for the week and then be there for Matteo's baptism July 1.

Just a look into what we will be seeing based on google images:)

Barcelona:
Valencia:


Toledo:


Segovia:

Madrid:


Next on the list of things to do:

Figure out if this is where we want to go
How are we getting around? ( car, train, public transportation?)
Where to stay
I wanted to surprise Derrick with a soccer game while we are there because he is a HUGE soccer fan so I'm looking into that.
Continue with Rosetta Stone - I have a TON more to go! Like I'll be cutting it to the wire... but I'm loving it
Figure out what I need to buy for my vacation clothes:)
And read these books!:

Derrick bought me the Frommer's one as a surprise while I was in DE for Easter and the other one I borrowed from our Spanish teacher at school:)

Yay! I am SUPER EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment