Saturday, July 16, 2011

The big 27

I turned 27 on Monday... eek another year older! I am now in my late twenties ... 30 is creeping up too fast!

I flew in on my birthday morning and Derrick and I headed out for a quick lunch. I had to tutor and then we went to this amazing authentic Mexican restaurant that is just beyond beautiful inside. People actually go there just to walk around their gardens (which they use for their dishes) and view their art work and murals. Afterwards we met up with a few friends and had a couple drinks:) A fabulous birthday.

On top of the amazing dinner Derrick got me 2 fabulous presents. He is the best at gift giving and always knows just what to buy!

I have been wanting a beach cruiser bike for awhile now. We are so close to so many great little coffee shops and restaurants and it would be much easier to bike there. Derrick did some research and found that a beach cruise would be very difficult in Austin with so many hills so he got me a hybrid cruiser - it has gears and will make it "easier' to get up those hills!

I also got a Nook Color! Great surprise!! I have wanted an ereader and of course Derrick, being Mr. Barnes and Noble, got their version. The coolest part... it's in color and has a speaker which means I can get magazines, newspapers, and over 2 million books. While I was overnight nannying I let the little girl listen to children's books on it and she loved it!

And of course, to top it all off, my cake:) Pina colada cake - almost gone! It was Derrick's mom recipe and it has now migrated to my family and their birthdays.

Well, after 27 years I have no regrets and have loved every bit of my life:) Happy late birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment