Tuesday, July 5, 2011

NOT GUILTY!?!?

I have so much I want to blog about from this past week but I just cannot think about anything else. I cannot believe that the jury already reached their verdict, within 11 hours after almost 11 weeks of trial, and she get NOT GUILTY on the major accounts and guilty on lying to the police!?!? I'm confused.....

I understand completely that there wasn't 100% evidence against her such as the murder weapon or cause of death... but really - what kind of parent doesn't report their child missing after over a month and THEN tells the police that a made up nanny took her!? How is that not guilty? At least on the account of child neglect/abuse which she was not guilty for. Not reporting your child missing and going about your daily life for over a month is insane to me. Having deleted web look ups about chloroform and strangling on your computer, and then having the grandmother admit to it and THEN having people say no way she was at work... how is that NOT GUILTY to pre meditation. Really.... what kind of person looks up how to kill someone on a computer?

I am disgusted and appalled that she got a slap on the wrist and will probably not have anymore jail time because she has spend 'enough' time in jail. This poor little girl I feel so sad for. I know everyone has their opinions, and this is mine, but in my eyes justice was not served. Maybe she did not need the death penalty or there wasn't enough evidence to find her guilty of murder but there was neglect.... there was abuse... and I am so sad that due to double jeopardy she can NEVER be tried again for this -- even if she stands in front of the microphones tomorrow and says I did it... they can't do anything. Justice? Not to me....

1 comment: