Thursday, May 10, 2012

Bedroom updates

I haven't been working SUPER hard on decorating just because I feel like we are in such a small space I can get away with no curtains in the bedroom and stuff.  But we did finally get the home made headboard done:)  And I love how it turned out!



 I bought 2 groupons awhile back for print to canvas photos and they turned out awesome.  The top one with the trees is of us in Charleston for a wedding and the bottom one is us in Costa Rica last summer.  The You and Me framed picture I got the frame at Goodwill (remember that awesome find for $8 with a handmade painting that I have yet to take to the dealership... eek) and the letters I got at Hobby Lobby and painted the colors of the room ... kinda of the colors except I don't have much else flowing with it yet. 

My plan with the bedroom is because we have 2 huge long wall to wall windows to separate them into 3 smaller ones by putting 3 panels of curtains - 2 on the end and 1 down the middle.  I plan to wrap the top wood piece, which looks like a makeshift pelmet box, with my old gray curtain fabric to disguise the glossy white wood finish.  I'm on the hunt for gray chevron fabric like this:




to make the curtains.  I'd love to find it in sheets since that was the easiest thing ever for my living room curtains.  Then I have this really pretty fabric still leftover from last year - it's pale yellow with white cherry blossom branches on it - to make little throw pillows.  The bedroom will be super simple.  I also need to move onto the bathroom which will be the same color scheme - gray and yellow.  Currently we have a gray rug, teal and brown towels, and a palm tree shower curtain - classy I know.  This summer I plan to get a move on all of this!! And can't wait:)  The last room for curtains will be Derrick library and I'm stuck on what to do in there... we shall see what fabric jumps out at me.

Also in the hallway we busted out a couple shelves and bought these black storage units.  I still need to buy the canvas tubs to put in there to hide all of our overflow of things (so awesome to have all of our things 'on display').  My favorite part is I get to display more pictures of Matteo up top:)  I'm also looking forward to creating our huge wall of photos going up the steps this summer.  I'm going to be on the hunt for miscellaneous and mismatched frames and I plan to do a lot of pictures of us, places we have visited, and friends - just a hod podge of fun things to look at:)

No comments:

Post a Comment