Friday, May 4, 2012

Chick time!

Last Monday I got to school and was in for a real treat!  Our chicks were not set to hatch until that Wednesday but we had some premature chickies:)  ONe of my kids saw a little crack in 1 of our eggs in the morning and to our surprise, when we returned from lunch we had a chick!!  We named his Fudge because he was black.

At the end of the day we had 2 more with little cracks in them and we eagerly anticipated some hatching over night!  I hung up chick garland I found in a clearance bin for Easter for a 'sign' that our chicks had hatched - like they do when they have a baby outside your hospital room.  I also put up an index card with a number on it to let the kids know how many we had before school even started:)

When I walked in the next morning I couldn't believe it!  2 more had hatched!  AND 1 more was on its way out.  This is truly an awesome sight to see if you have never seen a chick hatch.  You find yourself cheering!  I was hoping he would hold off for an hour for the kids to see but no such luck -- he hatched about 20 minutes later for me to see:)  We ended our class chick count with 4-  Fudge and Cocoa were our dark ones and Peep and Fluffy were our yellow ones.  Below are some cute pics:)




No comments:

Post a Comment