Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fun weekend

A couple weekends ago Derrick and I had a pretty busy, but beautiful weekend.  We finally got to attend our 3rd wedding ever together (yes I've been in a bazillion - it's a word trust me I teach Kindergarten and we use it daily - and Derrick has been in a few and we have been invited to tons but we have only made it to 3 together in the past 4 years!).  It was right here in Texas, about 40 minutes outside of Austin at a cute little ranch.  It was such a blast.  It was a teammate of mine and his fiancee I am getting my National Boards with so I was very excited and happy to celebrate with them.   Here is Derrick and I at the wedding:)

The following day we went on the hunt for our gardening materials.  That post is next to come - but let;s just say we might have some green thumbs because our garden is booming!!!  well... it's growing - nothing edible yet besides the herbs which were already plants when we bought them - but we haven't killed them yet:)

Saturday night we headed out with friends to one of our favorite bars here in Austin - Mean Eyed Cat.  It's a Johnny Cash bar and for anyone who knows me they know my heart has been given to Johnny Cash and June Carter.  I just love their music.  This bar is awesome!!  Recently they have rearranged the outside patio area and made a dance floor!  There is always live music there with some boot scootin' bands but this night was awesome!!  I snapped a picture of an awesome dancing couple.






Sunday morning we headed out to the greenbelt because we heard there was water!  When we lived on the greenbelt last year it was all dried up but low and behold - there was water!  People were swimming in the little coves - it wasn't too deep but it was enough to make people smile:)  We plopped Mia in a couple times -  I wish she liked the water because she is so cute when she swims:)




Oh Austin - how I love you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment