Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Career Day

Career Day around our school is a little different - bigger jobs, cooler jobs, athletes, ya know that kind of thing.  I didn't have any parents signs up to present to my class this year so I was assigned someone.  Sometimes that could be a good thing, others times... not so much.  I mean they are 5 or 6 - to them a firefighters or police office is the coolest of cool... anything other than that-  not cool. 




Well we were sooo lucky and had Robert Jones in our room!  Who is that?  I had no idea but... get this... HE PLAYED FOR THE DALLAS COWBOYS!!  His kids now go to our school and he is TRULY an amazing man.  so kind, sweet hearted, funny, just amazing.  He played in 5 superbowls with them AND won all 5!!  He has 5 super bowl rings and 5 super bowl trophies and brought them for us to see and hold and touch.  So awesome.  Seriously... that ring... well there were so many diamonds I couldn't barely see straight.  The trophy was suppppper heavy.  And we got to see his helmet and gigantic jerseys too!  I felt like that was one of the greatest career days ever - not only because it was so neat to meet him but because he really loved meeting with the kids and they loved him!  Some pics below

Showing off the helmet




Holding up the trophy - he looks so huge in my rocking chair!!

No comments:

Post a Comment