Monday, May 7, 2012

Randoms!

We had crazy hair day a couple weeks ago - I borrowed this from my friend and my kids FLIPPED!  They couldn't decide if it was real or not!!  So awesome - I wore a black headband with a bow with it too to make it look even more real:)  And yes, I wore it ALL day!

This is how Mia looked when I woke up for school 1 morning... lights on and she is not happy.... I feel your pain - only 3 1/2 more weeks Mia and no more 5:30AM wake ups!

Have you played this game!?! OMG best game ever!  We played it at Derrick's house over Christmas and honestly laughed for hours... I mean tears out of the eyes can't breathe still laughing about it!  You have got to buy it!

Along with cockroaches... yes in my coffee pot twice surprising me at school - GROSS - we have recently acquired ants!  I looked online and read that a 50/50 mixture of water and white vinegar works wonders (white vinegar is honestly the go-to for anything!).  I sprayed it on our kitchen table and down the legs of the table, on the chairs and chair legs, and kitchen counter tops and haven't seen any since!!!! AWESOME!  The smell is strong at first but it goes away within 10 minutes.

I also read to help get rid of them around your doors and outside to put coffee grounds in any areas.  I sprinkled coffee around our front and back door and patio and this is along out floor/wall seam.  We have a lot of flying ants at night by our lights and again - HAVEN'T SEEN THEM SINCE!  Just know when you visit that not dirt.... it's coffee grounds.  And it works WONDERS!

Austin is always sunny ... always.  I have decided to finally listen to all of the doctors and research and have started wearing sunscreen on my face daily.  Instead of a face lotion I put this on.  I haven't broken out yet -- and for those who know me this is a miracle - it's super soft, lightweight, not greasy AT ALL, and I put my make up right over top of it.  Not a strong smell either.  But the best part - $10 for 2 of these bottles and a travel bottle at Sam's... at WalMart for 1 bottle this size it's $8 -- ahhh another reason I love Sam's club.

Speaking of Sam's club - these chips are the best!  And they come in a HUGE bag.  We eat chips and salsa daily and this is the best deal for us!  $4.50 for this giant bag!

Oh. my. god.  You wanna talk about heaven in the freezer... this is it.  The brand is from our local grocery store but if you can find this flavor... grab it. you won't regret it (or you might if you eat the whole thing in 1 sitting like I almost did....)

Pretty flowers Derrick sent me last week ... interesting way to arrange them - I liked it.  They went horizontal as opposed to vertical.

2 comments:

  1. Katie, we’re glad that you found such good deals at Sam’s Club!! Since you’re a big salsa fan, I thought that you might be interested in checking out our Simply Delicious Meals page on Samsclub.com/meals for tasty salsa recipes to try. The Avocado-Mango Salsa is one of my favorites. Thank you for sharing AND for shopping at Sam’s Club! – Ramona from Sam’s Club

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks!!!! We will definitely look into this!

      Delete