Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 2 in Costa Rica

We woke up early (we being me) but still had gotten 11+ hours of sleep. The sun rises super early there so by 7am it is shining bright and it is HOT. Although it is rainy season starting in August it normally rains in mid afternoon so mornings are the best time for sun and enjoying the outside. So I woke up early and headed down for some breakfast solo. I then swung by the omelet station to grab Derrick an omelet and coffee for breakfast in bed (really it's the only way to get him out of bed). We then got in our suits and headed down to the beach. We took a TON of pictures because it was just so beautiful - pictures do not do it justice. The beach there is public and we had read in reviews that there are a lot of locals there offering their services such as taking you on tours, selling things, and offering massages. They are not overwhelming, mean, or scary in any way. We just said no thank you (which we had to take back the next day, more on that tomorrow) and headed off to find a spot on the beach. The workers there are there to do anything and everything for you. Those of you that know me know I was in heaven. To point to a chair and ask them to move it for you is pure bliss:) I always thank them nicely and that's what they are there for! We relaxed a bit and explored, then I was ready for some reading and sun time. Derrick went off for a walk for an hour and a half and when he came back he said - get your things we are going back on that walk. He saw TONS OF HUGE SEA TURTLES. Of course, he didn't have the camera so we headed back out with an umbrella in tow because it looked like rain was coming and I brought my good camera for good pictures... but... no sea turtles. We were too late:(

We headed in for pool time and figured we would wait for the rain to come before going in for lunch. Well, the rain never came that day:) We met a sweet honeymoon-ing (yes I just laughed that I called them "mooning" - no they did not moon us) couple and hung out with them for most of the day. They made some fresh food right at the pool that we devoured and we enjoyed some awesome cocktails. We headed in, I napped (the sun wears me out) and Derrick headed out to the shops to find me something special (no luck but worth the thought) and enjoy some coffee. I woke up and met him at dinner (we forgot to make reservations again!). We then took our dessert and coffee to go and enjoyed the outside (with plenty of bug spray... the mosquitoes are killer without it but we always had it on so we never got bit). We went to watch the live music for a bit and then went for a walk around the grounds and headed to bed. Another fabulous day:)

Rise and shine - our morning view from the balcony

Again, balcony view


Heading down to the beach for the first time


Cool shot:)

Paradise

Exploring a bit

Oh ya know... just some lovebirds:)

Derrick off on his long walk

After our walk I was dying and had to get in the water --- this photo is cool I think

Derrick posing

The awesome food cooked right by the pool

Our honeymoon friends


Heading in to nap:) The sky is gray but it never rained

Enjoying some coffee and dessert

Hotel at night

Lobby at night

Waiting for the live music


One of the bars at night

Another one:) They want you to drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment