Saturday, August 27, 2011

Only in Kindergarten...

...will I have these conversations LOUDLY and not find it to be weird or embarrassing in any way

-while outside on the playground me screaming, "J, where did your pants go? Are they on you or did you leave them in the bathroom?" She then proceeds to lift up her dress to her head and yells back I got hot I pulled them up! They were leggings and she pulled them under her dress.

- again on the playground little girl says, "I got bit by an ant. In my private place." me - "Okay, well do you want to go to the bathroom and go put a cool cloth on it?" her - "No no no not in my pee place but on the top part..." ... maybe we should consider teaching anatomy in Kindergarten

- me - "we do not put our boogers on our friends. "

- me - "we do not lick our friends while Ms. B is reading a story. Actually, we never lick our friends."

- me - "do we put cubes down our pants?" - them - "no" - one little girl - "I did that one time and I had to go to the doctor afterwards!"

- this one didn't happen in my class but it was still funny - during free choice center time a little girl was in the dress up center - "No no no no you have to keep your clothes on while at dress up. We do not take off all of our clothes and stand in our underwear at school. And K, please take off her clothes and give them back to her. A, when we play dress up we put the dress up clothes on TOP of our regular clothes."

And that was just the first week. What's funny is I know there are SO many more but really - these are my normal day to day conversations with my new found friends of 22, 5 and 6 year olds!

No comments:

Post a Comment