Saturday, August 20, 2011

My new room!

School starts in 2 days... oh my gosh where did the time go!? I cannot believe I am beginning my second year at this fantastic school and my fifth (holy cow!) year teaching!!

This year I have 5 more students than I had last year - I have consistently bounced between 22 and 23 students the past day. I will be starting on Monday with 22 as far as I know, but I'm sure 23 will happen very quickly.

The ironic part to all of this is that we will more than likely add an 8th Kindergarten teacher --- the cap is 22 and many have 23 with 1 having 24. Just think, 6 months ago I lost my job because they didn't think we would have enough students and they had hoped to increase class size from 22 to 24... that didn't pass resulting in a need for more teachers. Funny how things work out....

I had to really change around my room. i have the 2nd smallest homeroom classroom in the school but the smallest one is currently not being used so I have the smallest room in the school right now! Eeekkk! I utilized more of the storage in my room and got rid of a lot of bookshelves and random tables I didn't need. A lot of people have said my room is really open which is what I was going for. It needs to be open if I am going to be keeping track of 22 kids! Enjoy the pics:)


My room when you walk in

My room from the back - we painted the green wall across the top and it is soo pretty and adds so much (it used to be just plain white)

Where I will work with kids and also their art center (not enough space to have them separated)

This year I organized ALL of my books into categories. They all have a separate label on them and have a tub with that label on the outside for the students to know where they go.

More books organized into tubs

Best idea by far!! I borrowed this from some friends. The chair back covers are jumbo size book covers sold at Target. They fit perfectly and you just flip out the other end and it will hold their workbooks. I bought mine based off of table colors (pink, gray, green, blue, black, polka dot, and my back work table has different designs).

No comments:

Post a Comment