Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Why I love running the trail

I love running the trail here in Austin. At the same time, there are some faults to it. Below are my pros and cons (of course way more pros)

Pros:
  • so many people running inspires you to keep going
  • the beautiful view while running (downtown and the lake with canoers and paddleboards)
  • there are very few hills which is very different from the trail behind our house
  • the ICE COLD water provided each day by a different company
  • the man that comes out around 9am each morning and plays his guitar just to entertain the runners
  • the cute babies in their strollers loving their 'run' too with mom and dad
  • the dogs cooling off in the lake during their run - man how I've thought about joining them
  • how close it is to us (5 minutes max)
  • the old people out there running (I mean like 90 years old no joke -- still moving along!)
  • the adorable dog I saw today that was working so hard to go on her walk - only her front legs works and her back legs were supported in a harness held by her owner - it was so sweet
  • the quietness of the trail - even though it is right downtown
The cons:
  • as much as I love those babies in their strollers - I do not love how the mom's think it is okay to wall 3 wide side-by-side - hello how can I get by?
  • at the same time people who are walking but leave at least a 1-2 person space between them - c'mon... the trail is only SO wide!
  • the people who are competing with me... really - I'm not running a real race chill out!
  • the looks I get from overweight people - why roll your eyes at me because I'm just wearing short shorts and a sports bra... it's 90 degrees outside!! you can wear it too!
  • people who don't clean up their dog poop - for the most part they do... but not everyone
  • people who let their little... i mean little kids... ride their tricycles on the busy trail. I don't mind during the week when it isn't so busy but on a Saturday between 8-9 (the busiest times) please don't take your kid - it's dangerous!
  • the bikers who are not considerate at all and come flying around the corners... one of these times I'm going to be run over!
All in all I L-O-V-E having an amazing trail to run:)

No comments:

Post a Comment