Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 4 in Costa Rica

Day 4 we woke up and were sooo pumped to go ziplining. We got organized and slathered up with sunscreen and bug spray and headed to the beach. We found our guy from the previous day, he went and got their driver and this is when it got a little scary. Normally you take a tour out of the front of the hotel -- this we took via the beach... which is public. The guy drove up on the beach in an old blue camry and we got in and he drove down the beach and up the back way. At first I was nervous but then he started talking to us (only in Spanish which was fun for me because I could slightly understand and converse back and forth with him). It took about 15 minutes to get there, we got suited up and met our guides and group and away we went. From start to finish it took about an hour with our whole group. Our guides were phenomenal and hilarious. They brought along their dogs with ziplined with us (true story, I have the pics to prove it) and enoucrage us to have fun and they took pictures for us. Afterwards, for $5 more we could go through their "zoo" (it was about 10 snakes, 2 lizards, and 5 monkeys) and have a chance to interact with the monkeys. SAY WHAT!?! I'm there! SO we went in and I was in pure bliss. The monkeys like to take anything off of you that they can so I have to remove my ponytail holders so my hair was a mess in the pics. There were 3 or 4 white faced monkeys that were crazy and 1 big brown monkey that just wanted to be held like a baby. As soon as we hopped in the white faced ones jumped right us on and started playing and we fed them sunflower seeds. The brown one climbed right onto Derrick's chest and nustled in. He LOVED Derrick (or she?). At one point I wanted to hold him so I reached out for like you would for a baby, he crawled over to me, attempted to cuddle, but then reached back out for Derrick and remained there for the rest of our time. To me, Derrick was a monkey whisperer. It was amazing in that cage and it made my trip. We have video of both the ziplining and the monkeys but I want to try to edit the good parts together so bear with me.

After that we headed back, had lunch, went to some shops to get a souvenir (I got a cool coffee mug), and then got dressed up for dinner at the Steak House which was super yummy! Afterwards we got some drinks and enjoyed the big show for our final night there. We headed in around 11 (eek we had to get up at 2:30AM). Tomorrow will be the last post on our trip!


Gearing up for ziplining!

Ready for his first ride

No hands!


Derrick upside down!!

At the midpoint

Derrick 'superman' style with a dog on is back

Me superman-ing

The monkey whisperer - notice the one on his stomach

Checking out my hair

Me getting some love from the cuddly one

Our new friends!

SnugglingChecking out my hair again - they were thorough

A glimpse into our future -- surrounded my little "monkeys"??

Ready for dinner!



Awesome picture Derrick took while we were at dinner

The pool at night

Derrick looking fancy and waiting on the show

No comments:

Post a Comment