Sunday, August 14, 2011

Probably not the best of intentions

This weekend I opted to figure out which church to join here in Austin. Such a great idea right? Finally getting back into the swing of things and geting my priorities straight is what you're thinking. Well... that is only partially true. Don't get my wrong, my relationship with God has become much stronger over the past few years and I truly do enjoy going to mass and listening to the priests sermons, but this past weekend during my church hunt - 50% of it was to get back into church again, but the other 50% was not - and I am openly admitting that.

You see, I obviously know you have to belong to a church and GIVE them your money in order to be married there or at least married there in an cheaper and easier way.

I am basing which church to join off of 3 things.
A) how much is the wedding price (one of the churches here is $3000!! for 2 hours! and that's for a member that can show proof of giving!) and yes - they show this information on their websites B) does the priest look nice... ya know kind of young and hip and
C)... my personal favorite --- the fact that I am EMAILING each sister to see if they allow weddings on Fridays. There are many reasons for a Friday wedding for me (main one being cost) but also because I really want a spring time wedding and spring it just around the corner and no, I'm not engaged (minor detail of course) BUT if and when this would happen I'd like to have the option of throwing thus sucker together sooner rather than later (c'mon... I've phad my wedding planned for the most part since I was 8). If none of them allow this then I guess I'll just have to eliminate part C and go for A and B.

Basically, to sum this up I am basing which church to join off of my wedding date that hasn't even been picked (nor am I engaged, minor detail) AND off of how much money they charge. Currently, I have 1 at the top of my list because the Priest got great reviews (another bad thing to do.... I'm reading reviews on a priest) and they only charge $350 for a wedding. True story. I just confessed my requirements for a church.

PS... Derrick completely caught me and I again told him everything! When I told him I was researching churches today - he said why... and my response was because I used to go to Charlotte and miss it (which is true, I loved our church in Charlotte because the priest was funny and young and had great sermons) and he said... hm I see. And then I just blurted it all out - Derrick's only response was, are you getting married sometime soon that I don't know about?

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You are hilarious. And I don't blame you. If we had had our wedding on a Friday we could have saved a TON of money!

    ReplyDelete