Sunday, September 25, 2011

Shit on

You know the saying 'shit on' when you have a bad day. The world is at that moment gaining up on you. Well, yesterday i got a speeding ticket. My second one ever in my lifetime of driving, first 1 in the last 10 years. The police officer CLAIMS I was driving 69 in a 55. Anyone who knows my driving knows I drive like a grandma and follow a very strict rule --- never over 5 mph of the speed limit. I was in shock and actually asked the office why I was pulled over (I thought it might have been a tail light out or something). He laughed at me and told me why. Then proceeded to be ridiculously rude and demanding and completely fit the description of an arrogant cop. Unfortunately, fighting it means nothing to me - let's be serious me against a cop. Sure, there's the possibility of my doing that. I have no idea. But, deep down inside I do not believe I was going that fast for many reasons. There is a speed trap here that I drive every time I go to the airport (2-3 times a week....) where the highway ends and in 1/4 of a mile you go from 70 to 55. This would the reason of me going so fast - was he sitting right at that point and I was too slow to slow down... possibly..... but another reason of me not believing this is because there was a ton of traffic -- I do not see how I could have been going that fast.

Well, it ruined my night but I woke up on Saturday feeling good. We went out to lunch and *SPLAT* - yep.... I got shit on ... literally. In the middle of eating lunch outside a bird opted to find my little shoulder and brand new shirt and shit on it. To make it even better we had just commented a second before how we had no napkins. So I sat there... with a sandwich in my hand not moving because I didn't want my hair to get in it and cold shit dripping down my shoulder. Derrick comes back - Mr. Gag Happy - and as he attempts to wipe it off gags loudly and I get this feeling I'm going to also get throw up on my back. I jump up - Derrick walks away because he needs some space and air - and I try to wipe off my back. Lucky for me a mom was around and came over with a baby wipe and wiped my back for me. Afterwards, I looked at Derrick and then looked next door - frozen yogurt. Yes, this would make my day all better - and for the most part it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment