Monday, September 26, 2011

Texting has reached a new level

Attention cell phone uses:

My mother, after many years of not understanding the purpose and knocking on texting, got texting. She officially added it to her plan AND has a QWERTY keyboard cell phone (mom - that's a cell phone that has a keypad separate from the numbers - get it - the top row of letters from left to right QWERTY)

Now people, don't get tooo excited. She only has 250 a month and is keeping track of them. Currently I think in the last 2 weeks she may be up to 7 (I know this because I send them to her). She will rarely respond but it is still fun if she does. Why you ask are her responses fun? Welll you see... she knows that people (people meaning young kids like ages 10-13) like to abbreviate words such as LOL (laugh out loud) ROTFL (rolling on the floor laughing) me2 (me too), etc. Well....... my mom wrote me a text on the first day she got it and sent 'Jst practicing.' I sent her a picture of Mia and then she called me. As we were talking I told her about T9 texting which will guesses what word you are typing - for example when you typed 'jst' it would fix it for her you and type 'just'. Her response ..... Oh no - I meant to do that. You know, like how people abbreviate stuff. Oh mother.... no. No you can't do that.

Soooo that is my mother - is Facebook next????

No comments:

Post a Comment