Saturday, September 10, 2011

What I'm loving....

New things I'm loving:

  • Pumpkin Ale Derrick bought - yummy:)
  • Combined with the amazing weather we have had these past few days (whoa now... I wore my North Face fleece to school yesterday because it was 58 and I was FREEZING!). We have slept with the windows open every night for the past 4 nights and loved it!
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte is B-A-C-K at Starbucks. Wanna know what else they have.... a Salted Caramel Frappucino. Sure it has enough calories for an entire day but holy goodness... it is worth every sip. It's a must to at least enjoy 1!
  • Listening to Christmas music while I'm typing away - it makes me happy
  • Derrick making his own Pandora account finally -- that way whenever mine comes on it's already on Christmas:)
  • The gingerbread hunt my kids went on -- omg they were sooo funny! They went bonkers over this!!!
  • Brunch = bottomless mimosas on Sunday. l-o-v-e <3
  • Having friends at school - good friends:) This might seem so small but as an adult it's hard to make great friends, and even harder ones you work with. Over the summer we began a Bachelorette weekly get together which resulted in a 5+ hour get together and has now evolved into daily coffee runs, breakfast surprises, random notes in eachother's school mailboxes, wine nights on school nights, and yes - brunch. I absolutely love these girls and love having them to talk with. Everyone needs their own group of girls. I also love that they know Derrick as their 'valet' - whenever they come over he always moves their cars for them to the visitors lot - I know, he's awesome
  • my iphone. I never thought I'd say this but I'm obsessed... it's amazing. Words with friends (scrabble with friends or random people), uno, spades, fitness, facebook (of course), and to top it off... my super cute Kate Spade phone cover:)
  • Babysitting - a lot of people don't enjoy it on weekends or doing anything on their days off. Me? I say if I'm not busy I'd much rather make an easy $100! I love that I have a family fairly busy that needs me about 2 weekends a month and always gives my name out to others for random jobs (pics coming on that one... wow... the way some people live!)
  • I got accepted to begin my National Boards process! In Austin they make it a 2 year process - 1 year of prep and then the next year of actually doing it. If you get into the program they pay for the whole thing your first try! Who hoo!!!
  • Barkingdeals.com - a 'groupon' type site for dogs! I love it!
  • Coffee.... I have always been obsessed but now that I have a coffee pot in my room (yep, Derrick's brother and sister got it for me for Christmas last year and I'm in heaven) I am even more obsessed. I make a full pot in the morning and enjoy it all day long!
  • Austin... have I said this lately? I love it here. It makes me sad to know that at some point in our lives we will have to move for Derrick's job but until then, I could not be happier. And same for Derrick. We truly love it here and every weekend find something else new to do!
Well, what can I say? I have a lot to love! Who doesn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment