Sunday, March 25, 2012

I made a dress!!!

And a cute one at that!

The other day I was blog-stalking and found some great new blogs to follow! The one had an awesome dress this lady whipped up with a super easy tutorial. I've been wanting to test out my sewing skills some more so I got into it. She suggested buying a cheap tank but I had so many that I just wear to bed so I grabbed a white one and headed to JoAnns for some fabric shopping. I'm a sucker for fabric and bought 3 new fabrics - actually 4 but I'm taking 1 back.






I opted to make a funky and fun dress first. Started out following all the steps but then came the elastic thread and my sewing machine just wasn't on board so I swapped that out with an elastic band. With a Skype date with my mom and some conversing I kinda dove right in and miraculously it worked out! It is so cute and I actually get to wear it in public:):) it might be my new flying dress for the summer since its long to keep me warm on the flight but a tank top too for outside:) love it!
Yes I sewed it the wrong way first....

But I didn't give up - ripped out the stitches and re-did it:)
Cut off my tank top to where I wanted it


Finished product - with a thick belt
Or with a sash I made from the leftover fabric - this is how I wore it to school and got a TON of compliments


No comments:

Post a Comment