Friday, March 2, 2012

Our move! Finally!!

... but not completed yet! We still have to hang all of the pictures and do a couple more decorating things like hang curtains and stuff but for now I can show off all of the hard work we have done!

So we completely downsized - like by 300-400 sq. feet! We moved on a Friday and a Saturday... and shocker - it rained, thundered, and lightening'ed - (how the heck do I write that??) ALLLLLL 48 HOURS! It was ridiculous and so not fun. Needless to say, we survived another move together and didn't kill each other - do any couple actually move without arguing? Seriously?

The Friday of moving in Derrick opted to go buy a storage shelving unit I had my eye on for awhile from Ikea and surprised me with a new bed frame that I have been wanting! The problem was... the storage shelving took 5+ hours to put together so by the time he finished it was 11pm on Friday and we had a long day of moving ahead of us on Saturday. So, when Saturday came and it was time to move everything in we couldn't put ANYTHING in the master bedroom nicely because there was pieces of the un-put together bed frame EVERYWHERE!

So without further ado... let me welcome you into our new home that we love so much!


Before the organizing of the living room:

After the organizing - normally we don't keep the bike down there but Derrick had to rush to work and didn't have time to put it up!

Kitchen area after - I didn't take before pictures:

The storage unit I had my eye on!
And the dreaded upstairs... before...

Hallway:
Derrick's room
And after:

And lastly the master room - the best part is the transformation of my closet! Thank god for the new bed frame with drawers inside


After:

No comments:

Post a Comment