Monday, March 19, 2012

More randoms:)

I like random posts...

  • Have you tried 'Fun d-middles' by Betty Crocker? The other day I wanted to make cupcakes for a get together but it was too late in the day for the cupcakes to cool to frost. Then I saw this and they were on sale! The icing goes on the inside while baking and OMG! So yummy! It's like a homemade twinkie!


  • We don't have a washer and dryer in our new place. I love doing laundry. This is a problem for me. But we do have 2 onsite washers and dryers... so the value of a quarter is a lot bigger to me now... $1 a load shew!
  • We love Sams Club. Derrick's parents are members so Derrick signed on with them. Our weekends entail timing our errands perfectly so we can swing by for samples and then a hot dog for $1.00. Yep... we sound like fun people. But seriously - we love to get their cheese, tortilla chips, pita chips, and produce there!
  • Derrick's brother and sister got me this heated candle warmer for Christmas. His mom has one at their house in FL and I loved it! Great gift for anyone not sure what to get! Added bonus.... Wood Wick candle smells amazing with it.
  • We have DVR now. I have only remembered to tape 2 things. And then I forgot that I DVR'd them and watched them online... defeats the purpose:)
  • I went to The Salt Lick the other day with a group of friends. It is a known staple in the Austin area but takes about 20 minutes outside of Austin. It was... UH-MAZE-ING. I got a sliced beef (brisket) sandwich and then to top if off... warm peach cobbler with ice cream! We got all 3 desserts they offered on the menu - blackberry cobbler and pecan pie too! mouth watering pics:)

  • GoodWill is my favorite place ever. I needed a frame for a craft project (I will post it soon... we just have to get it hung!) I'm working on for our headboard and found a painting inside the frame I wanted for $8. The painting was broken out of it but I didn't care... I just wanted the frame. Well when I got the painting home I noticed it was a one-of-a-kind based on the label on the back. Looked up the artist online and the paintings go for $1000-2000! I contacted an art dealer and they want me to bring it in! Whoop whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment